External IRAF packages
Several external packages are maintained in repositories within the iraf-community organization on github:
- fitsutil - Utilities for single and multiple FITS files
- sptable - IRAF package for tabular spectra
- mscred - Mosaic CCD reduction package
- nfextern - General IR reductions/NEWFIRM package
- vo - Virtual Observatory package and vocl from the NOAO v2.16.1 release
- mscdb - MSCRED support files
- xdimsum - IR reductions
- ucsclris - UCSC LRIS mask making
- guiapps - Prototype GUI application
- deitab - DEIMOS tables package
- adccdrom - Astronomical Data Center (ADC) CD-ROM tools
- ctio - Tools for the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory
Please note that the repositories only contain the source code and often did not receive an update yet. If there are more packages that should be maintained in the repositories please contact us to get them included.
IRAF packages from STScI
The STScI has developed a number of popular external packages for IRAF:
- stsdas - Software system for calibrating and analyzing data from the Hubble Space Telescope
- tables - Support of the TABLES format used by the STSDAS package
- stecf - IRAF tasks developed at the Space Telescope European Coordinating Facility
Due to license restrictions (mainly the use of Numerical Recipes code) the available source of these packages is not complete. They are also not ported to 64 bit. As STScI is transitioning away from IRAF, this is unlikely to change in the future. For reference, the free portion is stored in a Git repository.
Parts of the TABLES package are however included as NTTOOLS package in the IRAF core.